Friday, March 20, 2009

HALF HUMAN/ HALF COMPUTER

A GUY IN FINLAND HAS A USB FLASH DRIVE IN HIS PROSTHETIC FINGER:

Last May, 29-year-old Jerry Jalava of Helsinki, Finland was on his way home from work as a computer software designer when a deer darted in front of his motorcycle . . . and caused Jerry to crash. For the most part, Jerry was unharmed in the accident. But he did lose the tip of his left ring finger.

Anyway, Jerry was discussing plans for his new prosthetic finger with his doctor . . . when he came up with a "genius" idea: Why not build a prosthetic finger that also doubles . . . as a USB flash drive. (???)

Jerry says, quote, "I told the doctor what I do for a living and he said it would be fun to try to do something new. [So] we started planning the current [USB flash drive] finger. "It's not attached permanently to my body. It's a removable prosthetic, which has a USB memory stick inside it. When I'm using the USB, I just leave my finger inside the slot and pick it up whenever I'm ready." (ABC News)
(--Check out some pictures of Jerry's prosthetic flash drive . . .)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home