Tuesday, September 16, 2008

STRESS TIPS

HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR DEALING WITH STRESS:

Are you constantly stressed out? Of course you are. I mean, really . . . who isn't?
Well, I found a list of helpful hints for dealing with stress . . . from a medical center called the Cleveland Clinic. Check it out . . .

#1.) Stick to a healthy diet, get plenty of exercise, don't smoke and don't drink very often.

#2.) Don't allow others to make demands or set expectations for you. Feel free to say no, and stand up for yourself if someone tries to bully you.

#3.) Find time to relax . . . every day.

#4.) Set realistic goals for yourself, and understand that you can't control everything.

#5.) Figure out what's causing the most stress in your life. Eliminate what you can, and learn how to manage the sources of stress that you can't get rid of.

#6.) Remind yourself of what you do well and the successes you've had. (Yahoo News)

(--I don't know about you, but this sounds to me like an episode of AL FRANKEN'S old "SNL" bit, "Daily Affirmation with Stuart Smalley". "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home