Wednesday, October 29, 2008

JULIANNE HOUGH

JULIANNE HOUGH WILL BE OFF "DANCING WITH THE STARS" FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS:

JULIANNE HOUGH had "minor surgery" yesterday . . . after being diagnosed with endometriosis, which is a painful condition caused when tissue growth happens outside particular organs . . . where it isn't supposed to grow. (Endometriosis is usually centered around the reproductive organs . . . and it's something only women get. Also, it can be passed down GENETICALLY.)

Before the surgery, Julianne blogged about the procedure . . . to further clear the air about what exactly she'll be going through. --She wrote, quote, "Actually what happened is last week was more than just a tummy ache. Obviously. It turned out I ruptured a cyst that was on my ovary. I didn't know, but I have endometriosis. --"I've apparently had it for a long time, because I've had this pain for about the last five years. It hasn't been as bad. Up till last week, I let it go and I was always too busy to get it checked out."
Julianne believes she'll be fully recovered in a week. However, she doesn't think she'll be able to dance for TWO weeks. Her partner, CODY LINLEY, will be matched up with dancer Edyta Sliwinska until Julianne returns. --Julianne said her appendectomy is being done as a precautionary measure. She wrote, "They want to clean out the cysts and take out my appendix, too, because later on it can be affected by the cysts."

Julianne says that when she first got sick and had to be rushed to the hospital last week, her management and other people around her told her to LIE about what was wrong with her. And initially, she kind of did. She basically said she just had a bad stomach ache. --But she said she decided to come clean so she could be a ROLE MODEL to other girls. She says, "Maybe some girl out there won't wait too long like I did. I'm just glad I'm taking care of it now because I want to have babies some day. I don't want to jeopardize my health." (--It's not clear WHY people wanted her to lie. It's not like it's an STD or something. Anyway, if you're interested, you can read her ENTIRE blog, here . . .)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home