Thursday, February 26, 2009

JEWEL'S NASTY FOOT

JEWEL INJURED HERSELF PRACTICING FOR "DANCING WITH THE STARS" . . . AND SHE MAY HAVE TO QUIT THE SHOW:

"Dancing with the Stars" already has its first injured contestant of the season . . . and the competition hasn't even STARTED yet. Yesterday, JEWEL posted a message on her blog . . . announcing that her knees have been taking a lot of wear-and-tear during the "Dancing" rehearsals. And it's even gotten to the point where she had to shut it down . . . and go to a doctor.

She wrote, "Well, I feel kinda bummed today. I guess I really over did it on the rehearsal front! My knees have been hurting so badly that I finally broke down and talked to [my husband] TY [MURRAY]'S knee doctor yesterday. "He said I have tendonitis in my knees and that I have to start a course of medicine to try and bring the swelling down. Ty warned me I was over doing it, and now he got a big ol' 'I told you so' in. "The worst part is that I can't rehearse for the next couple days. Now I'm just worried I won't even be able to dance! Hopefully these steroids will really do the trick and I can keep bad flare ups at bay in the future."

Later yesterday, she released another statement that sounded more optimistic. She said, "Yes it is true, I've had a minor setback in my training for 'Dancing with the Stars'. But I am dedicated to getting better . . . don't count me out as I am in this for the long run."

(--Earlier this month, Jewel posted a GNARLY picture of the damage all the rehearsing has done to her feet. . . .)
The eighth season of "Dancing with the Stars" will premiere on Monday, March 9th. (--We'll be sure to let you know if Jewel DOES have to quit.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home