Thursday, March 5, 2009

IS IT OK FOR MEN TO CRY?

HERE'S OUR "QUESTION OF THE DAY": IS IT OK FOR MEN TO CRY???

Generations of men have been taught that CRYING . . . especially in public . . . is an absolute no-no. But now, whenever I turn on the TV, I see dudes tearing up all over the place. So HERE'S what I want to know . . .
--Is it OK for men to cry? And if so . . . where's the cut-off point?

For example, most people wouldn't blame a guy for crying at a close relative's funeral. But what if it's his drinking buddy's funeral? And while it might be acceptable for a man to cry after a divorce . . . is it appropriate to cry after getting dumped by someone you've only dated for a few months? And if you lose a limb in an accident . . . you might get a free pass on crying. But if you cry over a sprained ankle . . . you'll never live it down.
I suppose what I'm getting at is this: Crying used to be a black and white issue for men. But now there are all these shades of gray . . . and I couldn't be more confused. (ABC News)

(--SOUND OFF: So . . . can men cry? Does crying make a man more or less appealing to you? Does it all depend on the circumstances? If so, where do you draw the line? Seriously . . . I'm clueless. What's the verdict on this? - Nazzy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home