Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SEEING-EYE PONY

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A SEEING-EYE PONY???

We're all familiar with seeing-eye dogs. But it turns out dogs aren't the only service animals available to the disabled. --Enter Tabitha Darling of Fort Worth, Texas. Tabitha is legally blind . . . and she also has a bone condition which makes it painful to walk. --So to help her get around, Tabitha got a seeing-eye PONY named Trixie, which she can legally ride around indoors . . . under the Americans with Disabilities Act. --Tabitha says, quote, "[Trixie] means the world to me. [She's] not just a working animal, but, well, my friend." (WFAA News 8 - Dallas / Fort Worth)

(--Check out a picture of Tabitha and Trixie doing a little shopping . . .)

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2009 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for stating that she is a pony and not a full sized horse. She is actually only 4 feet tall. I am a dwarf and so she and I are a perfect match, Thank you again. I really appreciate the media getting the important things right. Its hard to do though I know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home