Tuesday, May 26, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL" INSANITY (5/26/09)

ADAM LAMBERT HAS NOT BEEN OFFERED A JOB SINGING FOR QUEEN . . . BUT THE BAND *IS* INTERESTED IN TALKING TO HIM:

Ever since ADAM LAMBERT performed with QUEEN on the "American Idol" finale, there have been rumors that the band has asked Adam to be their new singer. But guitarist BRIAN MAY says that he hasn't even talked to Adam about it . . . yet. (--As you may know, Queen just parted ways with their latest singer, PAUL RODGERS, who had been with the band since 2004. Of course, Queen's LEGENDARY original singer FREDDIE MERCURY died of AIDS in 1991.)

Brian tells "Rolling Stone", "Amongst all that furor, there wasn't really a quiet moment to talk. But [drummer ROGER TAYLOR] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point. "It's not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn't that easy. But I'd certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there." (--He's talking about his VOICE . . . obviously.)

So does that mean Brian thinks "Idol" could be a forum to develop legitimate new rock singers? Well . . . possibly. He says, "You'd have to define 'legitimate' first. The long-term answer has to be that, if you have enough talent and enough will to succeed, you will get there by whatever route presents itself." -"Once you have scaled the castle walls, with the sword in your hand, it matters little how you got there. I've not always been positive about shows like this, but there is no doubt that it offers a door to some real genuine talent along the way."

He adds, quote, "Both [Adam and KRIS ALLEN] are well worthy of big success. So it's pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I'm confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I'm there to see it."

===================================================================

GENE SIMMONS SAYS ADAM LAMBERT IS NO ROCK SINGER:

(--Regardless of what BRIAN MAY of QUEEN may think . . .) GENE SIMMONS doesn't think ADAM LAMBERT has a future as a rock singer. (--KISS, like Queen, performed with Adam on last week's finale.)

Gene says, quote, "Respectfully, I don't think Adam is a rock singer. He sounds much more convincing singing ballads and Broadway shows. His voice doesn't seem to have a 'rock quality.' But, I'm sure he's going to do just fine."

(--However, he did add that he believes Adam will have a more successful career than KRIS ALLEN, who came out on top after all the "Idol" votes were counted.)

====================================================================

BIKINI GIRL" THINKS KARA DIOGUARDI "MADE HERSELF LOOK STUPID" BY JOINING HER ONSTAGE ON LAST WEEK'S FINALE:

In a new interview, KATRINA DARRELL . . . (--a.k.a. "Bikini Girl") . . . says that ("American Idol" judge) KARA DIOGUARDI was the one who came off looking "stupid" when the two shared the stage during the "Idol" finale last week. (--If you somehow missed it, Kara interrupted Katrina's encore performance of MARIAH CAREY'S "Vision of Love", by walking out onstage to join her for an impromptu sing-off. Later, Kara even flashed her OWN bikini body.)

Now, Katrina tells RadarOnline.com, "I don't think she got the reaction she was hoping for. I think she probably thought I would cry or get mad, and I didn't . . . I played it off. Looking back at the tape, she just made herself look stupid. "She didn't make me look stupid. I knew there were 100 million viewers, so I couldn't cry. I couldn't get mad. I just had to smile and deal with it." For the record, Katrina DID seem pretty PISSED the entire time that Kara was onstage with her. But Katrina explains, "I think [the 'Idol' producers] tested me. I think I did really well considering all that I went through."

(--For more, you can find a short video of Katrina's Kara-bashing interview, here . . .) http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/05/exclusive-interview-bikini-girl-slams-kara-dioguardi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home