Thursday, June 11, 2009

YOUR FIRED

MISS CALIFORNIA HAS BEEN FIRED:

Remember all the OUTRAGE that ensued when DONALD TRUMP announced that he was letting Miss California, CARRIE PREJEAN, keep her crown last month???

Well, yesterday . . . despite all that chaos . . . the Miss Universe organization went ahead and fired her anyway.

But it wasn't because of Carrie's stand against gay marriage, or those old topless pictures of her. It's because they still can't get her to fulfill her Miss California duties.

The organization said, "This was a business decision, based solely on contract violations. After our press conference in New York we had hoped we would be able to forge a better working relationship.

"However, since that time it has become abundantly clear that Carrie has no desire to fulfill her obligations under our contract and work together." And it was Trump who gave the final okay for Carrie to be cut loose. He said, "I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so. "Unfortunately it just doesn't look like it is going to happen . . . Carrie is a beautiful young woman and I wish her well as she pursues her other interests."
Separately, Trump told TMZ, "To me she was the sweetest thing. Everyone else she treated like (crap)." -It's not likely that Carrie cares in the least that she's been fired. She's wanted to do her own thing since Day One. In fact, there are a couple of e-mails floating around that Carrie sent to pageant officials just in the last few days. One of them reads, "You do not cooperate with me, and you pick and choose the things YOU want me to do. That is not happening anymore. Stop speaking for me. I have MY own voice."

The other reads, "Also I was asked to fill in for a DJ on a local radio show. I'll be reading from a show biz script Monday. I am doing this." But that doesn't mean Carrie won't milk this for all the publicity it's worth. Yesterday, she said, "What's behind this I think is a political debate. They don't agree with the stance that I took [on gay marriage]. -"They don't like me. From day one they wanted me out and they got what they wanted." She added, "I was very respectful of people even when they slandered me and humiliated me. I have not once stooped down to their level."

In a separate interview with "Access Hollywood", she said, "None of this would be happening right now if I had just said, 'Yeah gays should get married.'" Runner-up TAMI FARRELL now gets the Miss California crown. And that sweet sash, no doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home