Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HOLLYWOOD DIRT OVERFLOW (8-19-09)

KELLY IS IN LOVE WITH CARDBOARD

This past Saturday night, KELLY CLARKSON serenaded "Twilight" stud ROBERT PATTINSON at a concert at the Illinois State Fair. Now, I know what you're thinking: "What was Robert Pattinson doing at the Illinois State Fair???"

Well, he wasn't ACTUALLY there. Instead, Kelly sang her song . . . "I Want You" . . . to a CARDBOARD CUTOUT of Robert.
(--You can check out video of this, along with a few stills, at this address . . .) http://www.wtforks.com/2009/08/16/kelly-clarkson/

DR. CONRAD MURRAY POSTED A MESSAGE ON YOUTUBE:

DR. CONRAD MURRAY has posted a minute-long message on YouTube, thanking his patients and friends for all their support. Murray claims he had to do it this way because he's AFRAID to return phone calls and e-mails, due to everything that's going on.

At the end of the clip, he says, quote, "Please don't worry. As long as I keep God in my heart and you in my life I will be fine. I told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail." (--Here's the clip . . .) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bjDWRJx9I

FOUR OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S NEVERLAND RIDES WILL BE AT THE CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR:

Four of the rides from MICHAEL JACKSON'S Neverland Ranch will be featured at the California State Fair, which opens this Friday in Sacramento and runs until September 7th.

They're all kiddie rides . . . they include a merry-go-round and one of those circular tracks with Jeeps going around it. And they'll be FREE to the first 5,000 guests every Friday during the fair. --The rides are being brought to the fair by Butler Amusements . . . which bought them from Michael last year.

BRETT FAVRE IS GOING TO PLAY FOR THE VIKINGS:

How can you tarnish a legacy as great as BRETT FAVRE'S??? If you want the answer to that question, just ask Brett Favre . . . because he's doing a fantastic job of it. Brett has UN-RETIRED yet again, and he WILL play for the Minnesota Vikings this season.

A similar thing happened last year, when Brett retired from Green Bay as a HERO, then changed his mind. He sparred with the Packers a little bit, because they'd already moved on and committed to AARON RODGERS as their starting QB.

And while they didn't want Brett playing for someone else, they finally relented and traded him to the New York Jets. Brett "retired" from the Jets at the end of last season . . . but we see how long that lasted.

Brett . . . who'll be 40 in October . . . had arthroscopic surgery on his throwing shoulder in May. Late last month, he told Vikings head coach BRAD CHILDRESS he planned to stay retired. Throughout training camp and the Vikings' preseason opener this past Friday, TARVARIS JACKSON and SAGE ROSENFELS had been competing for the starting QB position.

Talking about his decision yesterday, Brett said, quote, "I felt I did everything I possibly could do to get where I need to be. --"You're 39, your arm may not feel like it did at 21. But the pieces are in place that you don't have to do that much and I agree with that. If they were willing to take that chance, I was, too."

Favre hit the practice field with his new team yesterday, wearing the #4 jersey . . . the same number he wore all those years for the Packers. --Now, the Packers and Vikings are rivals in the NFC North. But Brett didn't do this for spite, and he's not holding a grudge. Or so he claims. --He said, quote, "This is not about revenge or anything like that, believe me. You can't take away the 16 years I had in Green Bay. They've moved on. I've moved on. I think it's great for football."

(--The teams will play each other on October 5th in Minnesota, and on November 1st in Green Bay.)

SIMON COWELL SAYS PAULA ABDUL WAS THE "HEART" OF "AMERICAN IDOL":

SIMON COWELL is still talking about how sad he'll be without PAULA ABDUL on "American Idol". He tells Fox News, quote, "I always thought she was the heart of the show. I'm not the heart, I'm not even the brain actually. But she was the heart, so you've taken that away so it's a different show. I'm sad, I am."

And he adds, quote, "She's taken the decision in her life now, which you have to respect her for making the decision. --"I didn't want to get involved in what was going on because it wasn't really any of my business but I spoke to her a lot through the whole process. --"I'll probably see her next week. I'm going to listen to what she wants to do next. I will support her in anything she wants to do next. I think she is TV gold, genuinely."

(--Whether you LOVED Paula or HATED her, you have to admit . . . it WILL be a different show without her. To call her the "heart" of "Idol" may be debatable, but I think we can all agree that she was, as Simon puts it, "TV gold.")
RANDY JACKSON has also issued another comment . . . He said, quote, "[We] started this journey together so I'm really shocked and really proud and really just couldn't believe she's not here. We love her . . . It was a really a tough time as you can imagine."

THE ODDS-ON FAVORITE TO WIN "DANCING WITH THE STARS" IS . . . AARON CARTER???

Just one day after the new "Dancing with the Stars" cast was announced, BoDog.com has put together this season's odds.

We know you don't actually bet on "Dancing" . . . (--right?) . . . but it's still interesting to check out the line. Especially since they've tagged AARON CARTER as this season's odds-on favorite.

Here's the full rundown:
--AARON CARTER, 3:1--MYA, 4:1--MACY GRAY, 5:1--DONNY OSMOND, 5:1--NATALIE COUGHLIN, 7:1--MICHAEL IRVIN, 7:1--KATHY IRELAND, 10:1--ASHLEY HAMILTON, 12:1--MELISSA JOAN HART, 12:1--LOUIE VITO, 12:1--CHUCK LIDDELL, 15:1--MARK DACASCOS, 15:2--JOANNA KRUPA, 15:2--DEBI MAZAR, 19:2--KELLY OSBOURNE, 20:1--TOM DELAY, 25:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home