Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HOLLYWOOD DIRT OVERFLOW (10-06-09)

PETE WENTZ DECLARES "THE DEATH OF THE EMO HAIRCUT":
If FALL OUT BOY bassist PETE WENTZ still has any say in the hairstyle trends of today's youth . . . the days of the "emo haircut" are coming to an end.

On Sunday night, Fall Out Boy performed with BLINK-182 at Madison Square Garden in New York . . . and it turned out to be a HISTORIC night for emo. Because Blink bassist MARK HOPPUS shaved Pete's hair.

Before it went down, Pete told the crowd, quote, "So you guys know JAY-Z'S 'Death of Auto-Tune'? This is the death of the emo haircut."(--You can watch video of Pete being shorn, here . . .)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM6-BE5XZIQ

(--And you can compare pictures of Pete's "emo" look to his new look, here . . .)

(--If Pete isn't through altering the face of the future of music . . . I wouldn't mind seeing a "Death of Guyliner" demonstration at his next show.)


DAVID LETTERMAN MADE FUN OF HIMSELF . . . AND OFFERED ANOTHER APOLOGY . . . ON LAST NIGHT'S SHOW:

DAVID LETTERMAN didn't try to avoid his sex scandal on last night's "Late Show". He even dedicated his entire monologue to it. He opened with three quick shots. They were . . . --"Did, uh, did your weekend just fly by?" --"I'll be honest with you, folks, right now I'd give anything to be hiking on the Appalachian Trail."

And . . . "I got in the car this morning and the navigation lady wasn't speaking to me."(--You can see the video here . . .)http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/05/letterman-monologue-burned-in-60-seconds/

Dave also did some more apologizing . . . especially to his wife, Regina Lasko. --He said, quote, "She has been horribly hurt by my behavior, and when something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it's your responsibility, you try to fix it. --"At that point, there's only two things that can happen: Either you're going to make some progress and get it fixed, or you're going to fall short and perhaps not get it fixed, so let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me."

Letterman also apologized to past and present members of his staff. He said, quote, "I'm terribly sorry that I put the staff in that position. Inadvertently, I just wasn't thinking ahead. --"And, moreover, the staff here has been wonderfully supportive to me, not just through this furor, but through all the years that we've been on television and especially all the years here at CBS, so, again, my thanks to the staff for, once again, putting up with something stupid I've gotten myself involved in."

Letterman kept the INFIDELITY HILARITY going while interviewing guests STEVE MARTIN and MARTIN SHORT. When Short came out onto the set, he hopped into Martin's lap and acted like a ventriloquist's dummy.

After Short jumped off Martin's lap, Letterman said, quote, "If you spend one more minute on his lap, you're gonna get blackmailed."


MILEY CYRUS AND DEMI LOVATO DON'T HATE EACH OTHER:

There was talk yesterday that MILEY CYRUS and DEMI LOVATO were feuding . . . because of something that was said on Twitter. But that's NOT the case. Now they're joking back and forth about how silly this whole thing is. --For instance, Demi said, quote, "So mad at you I can't handle it . . . but seriously. All joking aside . . . I hate you. Sooooo much! "

And Miley said, quote, "I can't sleep so I think I'm just gonna lay in bed and think about how much I hate [Demi]. It's what I spend most of my time doing. Haha!"


JON AND KATE GOSSELIN ARE ARGUING OVER MONEY THAT JON TOOK OUT OF THEIR JOINT ACCOUNT:

JON and KATE GOSSELIN from "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" are arguing over thousands of dollars that Jon supposedly took from their joint account . . .leaving Kate with just $1,000. --Kate's lawyers say it was illegal for him to take anything from that account without BOTH of them signing off on it. Although Kate reportedly IS allowed to use their "liquid assests" to cover their family's expenses.

On the "Today" show yesterday, Kate said, quote, "[Jon] took $230,000 of the $231,000 we had. I have a stack of bills. The last thing I wanted was to do this show and end up not being able to pay our bills."

Jon admits that he has taken SOME money, over the course of the last year . . . but that Kate has additional funds that she's squirreling away. --He told "The Insider", quote, "[It's] a total fabrication. I withdrew $22,000 last Thursday. [Before recently] I've never taken any money out because over 10 years, Kate handled all the banking.

"Over the past four years of doing the show, we accrued $2,250,000. I have withdrawn roughly $177,000 over the course of a year, which is less than 10% of what we made. That's like my paycheck."

He added, quote, "She's hiding money. We have 11 bank accounts. (!!!) That was just our joint account. She has a best-selling book. Where's that million dollars? --"I believe she's incriminating herself and not thinking clearly. She's wanting me to look bad. I didn't want these things to come public. I didn't want this to be embarrassing for her."

Jon's attorney defended his withdrawal from the joint account by saying that there's a good chance he'll be awarded MORE money in the divorce settlement. --Kate responded to that claim on the "Today" show . . . quote, "It's wonderful to say he'll be awarded significant funds. However, there are not significant funds for him to be awarded. I don't care that he feels he needs to be awarded this.

"When you've left your children and their mother unable to pay for the roof above their head, it is not acceptable." --Kate DOES admit that SHE took money from their joint account a few months ago, because she was scared Jon would take it. But she had to return it. --"I had taken $100,000 and put it aside safely so I could buy my kids food if this occurred. I was afraid. He was literally buying erratic purchases, randomly purchasing things."

Kate put a lot of money into a trust for the kids. She said, quote, "Financially, the kids are protected . . . they have the fund that I set up for them. That was my long-term goal. It is secure and substantial . . . and it is safe."

Obviously, there's a debate here on how much coin the Gosselins have available. TMZ is reporting that the Gosselins have a $720,000 mortgage on their new, $1.1 million home . . . they have yet to sell their old house, and that TLC did NOT purchase their new house for them.

KATE GOSSELIN SAYS THE KIDS ARE CRUSHED THAT JON IS DEMANDING AN END TO THE SHOW:

JON GOSSELIN has demanded that TLC shut down production on "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" to protect his children . . . and KATE GOSSELIN says the kids are CRUSHED.

It's not clear what will happen, but she says they're quote, "wailing and sobbing" because they miss the camera crew. --She added, quote, "I don't feel like it's time to end it. If we are all enjoying it, I just feel like 'Kate Plus 8' going on, the nine of us who want to continue it, should be able to do it."

But Kate said Jon DOES have a say in the future of the show . . . quote, "TLC has always said if one of us didn't want it to happen anymore, they're not going to stand in [our] way. Jon is a parent. He does have that right to say that.

"But I wish he would think harder about it because it has ended our income and our paychecks and our opportunities."

KATE GOSSELIN HAS A NEW SHOW IN THE WORKS:

--Kate has confirmed that she's got a NEW show in the works. She said, quote, "It's a project I'm very excited about. It is in the works. It is minus the kids. There is no word yet on whether it will go alongside, or replace 'Kate Plus Eight'."

But even if that doesn't pan out, Kate will do ANYTHING to bring home the bacon. In a phone call to "The View", she said, quote, "If I have to work at McDonald's, I will do what I have to for my kids."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home