Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Top 5 Favorite Boston Movies with Ashley@Night

Hello All

I realize that we have had a LOT of rain lately... I have been getting a little bored with staying inside all the time because of the massive amounts of H2O falling from the sky. When I'm bored, I LOVE to curl up to a good movie. My favorite movies all tend to be based around the city of Boston. In spirit of this, I decided to share my top 5 all time favorite Boston movies.


Here we go!

5) Fever Pitch: Celebrating the Redsox and the love/hate relationship we all have with them... along with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore.








4) Gone Baby Gone: HIGHLY UNDERRATED!! If you haven't seen this flick, you must go to your local video store and rent it immediately. It didn't make a big splash in the box office, but I promise you it will not disappoint. Casey Affleck shines in this movie directed by his big bro Ben. LOVE IT!!






3) The Departed: Or should I say "The Depaahted"... what an exceptional movie. Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Marky Mark... WOW!! Brings the Whitey Bulger story to life... even though it's "not based on him or his life."







2) Boondock Saints: This underground movie is a MUST SEE!! Very popular with college students, this movie was never released to theaters because of the Columbine shootings (talk about bad timing). However, it is an amazing movie. AND if you love Irish accents, this is the movie for you!






AND MY #1 BOSTON MOVIE IS..........


1) GOOD WILL HUNTING: Matt Damon and Ben Affleck's brainchild that launched their careers into Superstardom. Robin Williams = GENIUS!! I cannot fully express how much I love this movie. All I can say is that this is my FAVORITE movie. EVER!






If you haven't seen one of these movies, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?! If you have and disagree, let me know. I'll happily hear all opinions... and disagree with you LOL!!


Thanks for listening!

Ashley @ Night

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Nazzy said...

Hey, forgetaboutit!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home