Wednesday, May 27, 2009

IDOL NEWS (5-27)

KRIS ALLEN AND ADAM LAMBERT ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT THEIR UPCOMING ALBUMS TO SOUND LIKE:

Now that "American Idol" is over, KRIS ALLEN and runner-up ADAM LAMBERT are talking about what kind of music they want to make. And as you might expect, they want to do stuff similar to what they did on the show.

Kris says, "'Ain't No Sunshine' . . . that's the kind of stuff I want to do, stuff that has that feel, that kind of moves people." Kris adds that he'd like the opportunity to include some of his own compositions on his album. He says, "I'm not a man of many words. I'm not very expressive or emotional but it comes out in my music. It's the way I express how I feel." (--Kris will release an album through "Idol's" 19 Entertainment. It'll be THEIR call on whether the disc includes any of his original songs.)

Meanwhile, Adam is going for something a little FLASHIER. He says, "I think [my album] can be a collection of different styles with me at the center [as] the common thread. I don't want to do one specific genre. I'm more about fusion." "There are a lot of pop artists that are using the 'glam' kind of vibe in their music currently so I think I'm actually part of a wave. There just happens to not be many guys doing it right now."

Adam doesn't have a record deal lined up yet, but he says "Idol's" 19 Entertainment is interested in working with him . . . and giving him some control. --He says, quote, "In my talks with 19, the label and management company, we've discussed it and I've expressed my desire to have a lot of involvement in the process. I plan on being present and involved. And they are totally supportive of that."

By the way, KANYE WEST HAS heard Kris' version of "Heartless" . . . and it sounds like he digs it. He sent a message to "Extra", saying, "Yo, Kris. Congratulations. Get ready for the big leagues." Kris later responded, "Thank you for liking the song, Kanye. Thank you for writing the song. The whole CD ['808s and Heartbreak'] is amazing. Hopefully we can work together. That'd be great. Thanks for the congrats. I appreciate it."

(--Not that this is going to happen, but I'd DEFINITELY be interested in hearing a Kris / Kanye collaboration.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home