Friday, September 4, 2009

JYY HERO OF THE DAY (9-4-09)

A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR SAVED 21 KIDS ON HIS SCHOOL BUS BY DISARMING A 14-YEAR-OLD GIRL WITH A GUN:

Now it's time to recognize our JYY Hero of the Day . . . 18-year-old Kaleb Eulls of Yazoo City, Mississippi. On Tuesday, Kaleb was riding the bus to school with his three younger sisters and 18 other students. Then, an unidentified 14-year-old girl got on the bus, pulled out a GUN, and started threatening to KILL EVERYONE who she said had teased her.

But instead of freaking out like MOST of us probably would have, Kaleb opened the emergency door on the back of the bus and started ushering the younger kids out.

Then, while the girl was distracted, Kaleb tackled her to the ground and wrestled the .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun away from her.

Kaleb says, quote, "She was pointing [the gun] back and forth at the little kids sitting at the back. I just thought real quick and tried to grab her attention before she pointed the gun at anybody else. I wanted her to point it at me so she wouldn't point it at anybody else.

"She was just getting louder and louder. I guess for a quick second she looked out the window and when she did that I just sprung at her. I just knocked her down and got the gun away from her. When I got the gun I ran out the back door and disarmed it.

"I was just scared for the younger kids and my family on the bus. I was just thinking things out step-by-step as quickly as I could. "After we got to the school and watched the [surveillance] tape I just sat there thinking 'What in the world did I just do?' I just thought about what if this would have happened, or if this would have happened? It was just crazy."

The girl was arrested and charged with 22 counts of attempted aggravated assault, 22 counts of kidnapping and possession of a firearm on school property. She's being held at a juvenile detention facility. --But, thanks to Kaleb, no one was injured. (CNN / Rivals.com)

(--Just so you know, not only is Kaleb extremely brave, he's also a talented football player. In fact, he's considered one of the top ten high school players in the entire state, and he's already verbally committed to play for Mississippi State next year.)

(--check out some footage from the surveillance camera on Kaleb's bus here . . .)http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/03/mississippi.bus.hero/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home