Monday, May 4, 2009

AN IDOL'S LOSS

DAVID COOK'S OLDER BROTHER HAS DIED OF BRAIN CANCER:

There's some sad "American Idol" news today: DAVID COOK'S oldest brother, Adam Cook, has lost his battle with brain cancer. He was 36. Adam passed away early Sunday morning . . .

Perhaps fittingly, David was in Washington D.C. yesterday for the 12th Annual Race for Hope 5K, which raises money for brain cancer research. (--David was serving as the event's honorary chairman. His team raised over $97,000 for the cause.) There, David announced to the crowd, "I actually lost my brother yesterday to a brain tumor and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else right now."

He also added, "I lost one today . . . but I gained 9,000 [friends] and I will be here every year that they will have me." (--You can check out some video of his announcement at the link below. David takes the mic about a minute in . . . and he starts talking about his brother at the 2:30 mark. By the way, this is AMATEUR VIDEO . . . so it's pretty shaky.)

Adam was diagnosed with brain cancer 11 years ago, but his condition seemed to get worse during David's "Idol" run last year. Still, he was able to come to L.A. to see David perform live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home