Monday, June 8, 2009

HOMELESS GRAD

A HOMELESS LADY IN NEW JERSEY JUST . . . GRADUATED COLLEGE???

If you've been putting off going to college because you don't think you can afford tuition . . . this story should inspire you! Friday, 50-year-old Toni Clark of Newark, New Jersey, graduated from Essex County College (--which is a public, two-year school) even though the entire time she was enrolled in school . . . Toni was HOMELESS. That's right . . . homeless.

Get this . . . In December of 2007, Toni was laid off from her job as a certified nursing assistant . . . and she couldn't afford to pay the rent on her apartment. So after she was evicted, Toni moved out on the streets and used her unemployment checks to cover the cost of meals . . . and her tuition.

Toni says, "I lost my apartment and my job, and I didn't want to stay with family, so I went on the street. But God put me right in school . . . It's been hard. But, you know, I was taking care of business and everything, I just didn't have a home. -"If I can do it homeless, anybody can do it who has a home."

Fortunately, Toni's finally off the streets and living with family. She hopes to get her bachelor's degree in education from a four-year school. (Star-Ledger)

(Check out some photos of Toni at her graduation . . .)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home