Monday, June 22, 2009

STORY OF SURVIVAL

A MAN CRAWLED FOR 16 HOURS WITH A BROKEN BACK . . . TO CALL 911:

Three weeks ago, 57-year-old Mike Donigan was doing some work on the roof of his vacation home in Pine Mountain, Georgia when he was attacked by a swarm of hornets.

Get this . . . Mike fell off the roof and tumbled down a 100-foot hill, suffering . . .
--A sprained ankle
--A dislocated collar bone
--A broken right wrist
--A broken pelvis
--And at least FOUR broken vertebrae in his back
Since Mike's house is pretty isolated, he realized his only chance for survival was to get to the house and call 911 . . . which he did . . . by CRAWLING up the hill for the next 16 HOURS!!!
On Saturday, Mike was finally released from the hospital. He says, "I thought about my wife and kids, my mom and dad . . . [I] asked for a little help from my higher power to press on, and I did. I crawled over rocks, sticks, whatever was lying in my way . . . "You can do almost anything if you put your mind to it." (Northwest Florida Daily News)
How right you are Mike!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home