Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ashley @ Night's Top 5

Labor Day Weekend is coming up! Everyone gets to enjoy a nice, long, and relaxing weekend. Hopefully you have some plans set up already. I personally LOVE to travel over this upcoming holiday weekend. Sometimes you just need a getaway... I've been to many different cities, but I do have some favorites.

Unfortunately long weekends don't give me enough time to visit the West Coast, but there's plenty of time to stay local or visit the MidWest! Tonight, I'll share with you my Top 5 Favorite Cities to visit over Labor Day Weekend

Let's start the countdown:

5) Cleveland, OH : It's true what they say, "Cleveland Rocks!" This city is underrated - with the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame as one of my favorite attractions, I love spending a long weekend in OH (IO). I have friends and relatives Cleveland and there is nothing better than spending a long weekend with my cousin!

4) Rhode Island : OK So I did say city, but RI has so many amazing attractions close by! This is a great place to getaway for a long weekend. Check out the Breakers and other mansions in Newport or catch a PawSox game in Pawtucket. OR if you're like me, the mall in Providence is AMAZING! Check it out!


3) Pittsburgh, PA : Some of my best friends reside in Pittsburgh and I love visiting them. The Steel city is beautiful! There are always tickets available to a Pirates game (wonder why?) and if you're lucky, you can score tickets to see the Steelers (even though I hate them with the fire of 1000 suns). Check out Kennywood for some great rides or just kick back and relax by the river. Pittsburgh has become one of my favorite places to visit.

2) New York City : What can I say about NYC that hasn't already been said. It's an easy and CHEAP escape (you can get round trip bus fare from Boston for just $30)! From Times Square to Central Park, NYC is the place to be! If you're looking for a fun and high energy vacation, bury yourself in one of the boroughs.


And my #1 Favorite City to visit over Labor Day Weekend...


1) BOSTON : I don't think there are enough words to express how much I LOVE Boston. Faneuil Hall, Fenway Park, Newbury Street... LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I intend on spending my Labor Day weekend in BeanTown. **DISCLAIMER: I apologize if I return with my wicked bad Boston accent... yes, it took many years to drop it but it can make a quick comeback.**
No matter where you go, enjoy your long weekend. Be safe and responsible!! PS: Don't forget to send me your pictures and Labor Day weekend stories!!
Ashley @ Night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home