Monday, August 25, 2008

Ashley @ Night's Top 5

It's about that time of year again... back to school. I know, you don't want to hear it. However, I LOVE back to school time! It's when summer comes to a close and the fall opens our eyes to the beauty of Mother Nature.

In honor of the changing of the seasons, I thought I would dedicate this Top 5 list to my favorite fall activities.


Let's start at...

5) Carving Pumpkins : I love Jack-o-Lanterns! They are so fun to make. You can make them scary or funny - either way, I think they're awesome. I love scraping out all of the seeds and cooking them (yummy pumpkin seeds)!! If you make a Jack-O-Lantern this fall, make sure so send me a picture of it!



4) Playing in leaf piles : Ever since I was a kid, I loved to play in leaves. My dad or my brothers and I would rake the leaves in the yard... and I would DESTROY all piles!! We used to put all leaves by the tree house in my backyard so we could jump off the tree house INTO the leaves ***kids don't try this at home***... we were crazy!! Even though I'm 25, I still LOVE to play in leaves.



3) Viewing the Fall Foliage : There is nothing more beautiful than New England in the Fall. The trees become breathtaking! I love to drive around New Hampshire to look at the stunning colors and see Mother Nature's work at it's finest.


2) Back to School SHOPPING!! : I know, this should be my #1... but it's tied in to "going back to school" so it got bumped back a bit haha!! There's nothing more fun than a reason to go shopping. And who DOESN'T like to strut their stuff down the hallways after a long summer?



And my #1 Favorite activity in the fall....


1) HALLOWEEN!!! : Yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love dressing up, getting free candy, hearing ghost stories... ALL OF IT!! It also happens to fall 2 days BEFORE my Birthday!! (Yup, I'm a Halloween Baby)







I know, you're bummin about going back to school, getting homework, etc... but think of all the amazing things you get to do as the seasons change! Enjoy it before (dare I say it?) the snow comes!!


Ashley@Night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home